Microscopic

Recently I have been researching everyday objects under a microscope, the results that came along whilst researching was really interesting and i decided that this was going to be my new theme for me to design with. With this in mind I began researching further and came across  drinks and alcohol under a microscope and the results was amazing, the colours, the texture, they almost created prefect fabric designs.


Looking at all the images above has given me some ideas to create lovely fabrics and push them further into garments. I really wanted to show the surface quality and texture of the objects under the microscopes, with this in mind I wanted to use embellishment to do this with. Whether this will be heavy or subtle. 


Whilst looking at Embellishment, i have realised I am particularly interested in Embellished cuffs and collars. I am mainly intrigued by leather and crystals/beading to add a luxurious feel to a piece of cloth. 

My aim with this project is to create 3 garments or 1 that is reversible. With pleats, embellishment, print, processes.