Sequins



Over the last few weeks I have been working a lot with Disperse dyes, which are a transfer dye. I don't particularly like them, but this is the first thing I have thoroughly enjoyed working with them for and got some nice results.

The samples below are all based on Buildings with Floral's, and I have been working with embellishments, with sequins being my main focus for the moment. I will also be adding embroidery to these at a later date.

I have used a variety of sized sequins, from 100mm to 10mm - they all give very different results, and I like them all. I mainly like the 50mm ones though as they aren't to small nor to big. 

A mixture of sequins, big vs large bundles. 

100mm sequins, too big. Don't really work for what I am doing. 

50mm sequins, love them! Not to big, not to small. Just right for my print and composition too. 

10mm - to small and to fiddly. Wouldn't see much on them on a length.